Marconi’s Birthday Bash
Venue: Sandford Mill | City: Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Chelmsford Museum will be celebrating Guglielmo Marconi's birthday on 23 April with a special Marconi-themed Birthday Bash at Sandford Mill, from 10am to 4pm.
Marconi's Birthday Bash will celebrate Marconi and the legacy of his ground-breaking radio work, which was born in the City of Chelmsford. The day will include:
- Talks about Marconi's invention at 11:00, 12:00, 14:00 and 15:00 (Engine House)
- Interactive Morse code activities
- Remote-controlled planes and cars from Chelmsford Model Flying Association
- Marconi TV cameras: get a chance to read the Sandford Mill News!
- New displays in the Marconi Hut, from where the first radio programme was broadcast 95 years ago
- Radio transmission by Chelmsford Amateur Radio Society (CARS)
- Mini traction engine operated by Chelmsford Society of Model Engineers between the Engine House and Barn
And of course the full-size Titanic Marconi radio room replica, which will also be making an appearance at the Titanic exhibition in Bond Street.
Admission is £3 per person or £10 per family ticket (2 adults + 2 children or 1 adult + 3 children).
To discover more about Chelmsford Museums, visit www.chelmsford.gov.uk/museumevents.
- Sunday, 23 April 2017 10:00 - 16:00