Marconi Exhibition at Sandford Mill
Venue: Sandford Mill | City: Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Another chance to see the Marconi Exhibition
The recent Marconi Exhibition held at Hall Street – the world's first wireless factory – will be on display at Sandford Mill for their forthcoming Open Days on 6/7 August, 10 September and 23 October.
Plus: Titanic Radio Room replica
Ted Sinclair has also kindly loaned his replica of the Titanic Radio Room. A golden opportunity if you missed a visit to the Marconi Exhibition while it was running at Hall Street.
Also: On the hour Tim Wander will be holding a talk about Marconi and the exhibits at the museum, and a tour of the 2MT hut.
Admission to the Sandford Mill Big Weekend is £2. Parking is FREE.
Science Discovery Day: Sunday 23 October
Sunday 23 October is also Sandford Mill's Science Discovery Day, with many exciting talks, tours and demos:
- 10:45 – Science in a Suitcase Show (barn)
- 11:00 – Marconi Story (engine house)
- 11:45 – Science in a Suitcase Show (barn)
- 12:00 – Filter House Trail (engine house)
- 13:45 – Science in a Suitcase Show (barn)
- 14:00 – Marconi Story (engine house)
- 14:45 – Science in a Suitcase Show (barn)
- 15:00 – Filter House Trail (engine house)
- From Saturday, 06 August 2016 10:00 to Sunday, 07 August 2016 16:00
↳ Saturday & Sunday
- Sunday, 23 October 2016 10:00
- Saturday, 10 September 2016 10:00